Empire is now offering at-home COVID tests for members at no cost (please see the attached flier for details). Tests may be ordered using the QR code in the attached flier, through the member portal, or via the Sydney App. Members may order one test every three days. This is a pilot program they are running.
- Please note: These tests would not be accepted for official surveillance purposes (i.e. for schools or employers who require negative test results, travel, etc.).
- View Flyer (pdf)
Test for COVID-19 from home – You’ll have your results in minutes
COVID-19 testing remains an important part of keeping our families and communities safe. Empire is offering at-home test kits to make COVID-19 testing more convenient.
At-home test kits from Empire:
- Are for people who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Are FDA-authorized.
- Are available at no cost for a limited time when ordered through Empire.
- Arrive in 1 to 2 business days.
- Show results in 10 minutes.
- Are for diagnosing symptoms of COVID-19 (diagnostic testing).
Visit empireblue.com/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19 testing, testing locations, and vaccines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website offers additional details about testing from home and what to do if you test positive for COVID-19. If you have questions about your COVID-19 benefits, please call the Member Services number on your ID card.
COVID-19 testing helps protect the people around you
If you need to be tested, use your smartphone camera to scan this QR code and order your at-home test kit.
- View Flyer for QR Code (pdf)
You can also order a test kit by downloading and logging in to the Sydney HealthSM mobile app and going to the COVID-19 Resources page. Find Sydney Health on the App Store® or Google Play™. If you don’t want to wait for a kit to come in the mail, check your local pharmacy for over-the-counter COVID-19 tests. These tests are available at your expense.